In this day and age we consider having computers to be a basic necessity, whether you are a business owner or a regular employee, there are many daily tasks that have to be done with a computer. It has been a significant part of our life to own a computer or a laptop to aid us in our daily tasks. They can be considered as important as having a car because you need it almost everywhere you go – at work or at home.
However, like cars, computers also need to be maintained and repaired. Depending on the problem, your computer may give you a warning that something is not right. You may have not recognized the warning or you may have neglected these signs. Sometimes you don’t get a warning at all, so how would you know if your computers need to be repaired?
Whether your computer is showing signs that it needs to be repaired or not, here are some things to consider:
- Physical damage - This is one of the most prominent signs that your computer needs technical attention. Damages such as a broken laptop LCD screen, cracked cases or other abnormal strange noises may signify that the unit has been physically mistreated. If the damage is just cosmetic, the unit may continue to operate without issue, other damage can sometimes lead to more serious technical issues later on.
- Running slowly - Slow performance of computers is generally caused by software but in some cases can also be caused by hardware. Other issues could be a lack of available memory or the storage drive is reaching capacity and needs to be cleaned out.
- Overheating - All computers have a built in cooling system that usually involves one or more fans that distributes the air throughout the case & central processing unit (CPU) to avoid overheating. However, there are some instances where the cooling system is not functioning properly, fan failure or dust build up can prevent adequate cooling and can lead to premature component failure.
- Error messages - If you are receiving error messages, then you must be a reason why. Ignoring messages can lead to bigger problems down the track so it’s best to get them fixed as soon as possible
- Infected with malware – Infections can effect computers to varying degrees. Some more minor infections can be detected easily and fixed by an anti-virus software solution. However, there are some viruses that can cause major problems to a computer which, in worst cases, renders them inoperable.
These are just a few signs that your computer is in danger and needs to be attended to urgently. Ignoring these warnings may cause severe problems or could even lead to unit replacement. Would you risk having to replace an entire PC due to not getting (what could be) a simple problem fixed?
If your computer needs urgent attention or would just like a service done, CKP Computers is here to help. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call, our number is 0447 619 397 or you can send us an enquiry, either through our contact page, by Facebook or by email, email@example.com.